fantastic videos

Discuss the project!

Moderator: Muxxor

admactanium

fantastic videos

Post by admactanium »

hey, just wanted to register and drop a line to give you kudos on these videos. very entertaining and informative. i work in video/production as well so i'm really impressed with the quality of the editing in these. also, i know i read on one board that people complained about the divx encodes, but i appreciate the higher quality compared to the small wmv's. just so ya know.
mull
Site Admin

Post by mull »

Hi there :smt006

Thanks for the positive feedback! : ) Glad you liked the videos/editing!

Most people whine about the DivX-files being "too" big to download...

What forum are you referring to?
admactanium

Post by admactanium »

i think it was automotiveforums.com. in any case, the divx's look so much better than the wmv's. i hate wmv's since i'm on a mac. :lol:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

These videos are great. When can we expect the next one. :) Once they are all finished I'm burning them to DVD. You should consider producing a DVD once complete. It would even make for a great 2 two long tv documentory. Maybe the discovery channel would help. With all the interest in automative rebuilding shows on there now. I'd definately watch.
two40

Post by two40 »

yes, where is the next one Sven :evil:

heya mate, George from down under here. just watched through your vids and very very impressive. loved the first one in particular!

catch me on msn ;)
mull
Site Admin

Post by mull »

two40 wrote:yes, where is the next one Sven :evil:

heya mate, George from down under here. just watched through your vids and very very impressive. loved the first one in particular!

catch me on msn ;)
Shut up will you? ;)

I've been trying to catch your silly ass online forever
but you never seem to be there. Always away or busy.
Maybe I should join Street Rats to get some quality time
with you eh? ;) :lol:

Glad you liked the vids, cheers mate : )
two40

Post by two40 »

i'm always online, just set it to show offline. i'll leave it on for the next week or more. grab me when you see me.
admactanium

Post by admactanium »

hey there. any chance of getting #13 & #14 in divx? :D
mull
Site Admin

Post by mull »

admactanium wrote:hey there. any chance of getting #13 & #14 in divx? :D
Yup : )

#13: http://www.voodoo-people.com/~daz/mull/MULL@SCE10.avi
#14: http://www.voodoo-people.com/~daz/mull/ ... s.home.avi
admactanium

Post by admactanium »

great. dl'ing now. thanks. really fun stuff.
admactanium

Post by admactanium »

it's ironic you're putting so much work into a car that's relatively common over here when my latest auto obsession is hotrodding a car that's commonly available in sweden. and old volvo 445. :lol:
mull
Site Admin

Post by mull »

admactanium wrote:it's ironic you're putting so much work into a car that's relatively common over here when my latest auto obsession is hotrodding a car that's commonly available in sweden. and old volvo 445. :lol:
There was only 45 or 50 (can't remember) 240z's originally sold in Sweden.
Those were all 73's. There are about 70-100 S30-model Z's in Sweden now.

So they're pretty rare. Volvos are ... not : )
admactanium

Post by admactanium »

i know. it's funny. because if i ever got around to building that volvo i'd probably have to go through something similar to what you're doing with your z. but in sweden i could probably buy an old volvo 445 already hotrodded. parts probably wouldn't be too available for an old volvo in the states. haha. whereas if you were in the states, you could have probably bought an almost perfect shell for a 240z.
Carl B

Post by Carl B »

admactanium wrote:i think it was automotiveforums.com. in any case, the divx's look so much better than the wmv's. i hate wmv's since i'm on a mac. :lol:
Hello Admactanium:
"divx's"??? I'm a Mac user... but when I download the movies with the .avi extension - I can't get them to play. What do I have to do, or how do I have to convert them, etc? (PowerMac G5 2.0 Duo - O/S 10.3.9).

Drop me an e-mail off line if you like: beck at becksystems.com

Thanks,
Carl B.

Carl Beck
Clearwater, FL USA
http://ZHome.com
Carl B

Thanks for sharing your Project with us.

Post by Carl B »

Hi Mull:
First let me say, like everyone else, I have greatly enjoyed your Project Z Video's. You are truly an artist in both Metal and Digital medias.

At first, I felt angry, then very sad that anyone would advertise a Z as being "rust free", that in fact was as damaged as the Z you purchased. I wished that you had contacted me first, as we most likely could have found one of our Members, who would have been glad to inspect the car for you, prior to your final payment.

Then as I thought more about it, like most things in life that at first seem to be a disaster - it has most likely turned out to be a stroke of good luck for you; as well as all of us in the Z Car Community. For without that "rust free" Z... we would not have these wonderful Video's, and you would not have gained all that "hands on" experience.

I'm sure we all admire both your personal attitude and initiative, it is inspiring for us all. (and especially for anyone with minor rust problems on their 240-Z's ;-)

At this point, there must be thousands and thousands of people watching your project progress. I will mention that Mr. Peter Brock brought your project to my attention, so he must have been greatly impressed. (and it takes a great deal to impress him!).

kind regards, and best wishes for your project..
Carl

Carl Beck, President
Internet Z Car Club
Clearwater, FL USA
http:://ZHome.com